Milestone Birthday Made Glamorous
Whether you are celebrating a friend’s 40th birthday or your child’s 13th birthday, coming up with unique party ideas can seem exhausting. Standard birthday themes may not be festive enough. Cake and decorations can be fun when creativity plays a role, but adding a limo to the festivities can add unexpected glamour to a milestone birthday.
It’s easy to think that Oklahoma just doesn’t warrant “Red Carpet” arrivals, but you may want to rethink this. Making the birthday girl or guy feel like a star is not as difficult as it may appear. Purchase an inexpensive “red carpet” at a party supply store to lay on the walkway from the limo to the party venue, even someone’s home, and ask guests to arrive early armed with cell phone cameras in hand. When the guest of honor arrives in the limo surrounded with close friends and family, they can be greeted by excited guests and flashing cameras for a wonderfully glamorous entrance. Let the party begin!
Milestone “Multi-stop” Birthday Parties for an Adult
Tulsa and Oklahoma City have plenty of fun and entertaining stops for milestone birthday party celebrations. Most guests will be excited to be picked up in a stretch limo and driven around town for a while. However, for a truly exciting birthday, add a few stops along the way to make it a day to remember.
- Casino Crawl – Have the birthday boy try his hand with Lady Luck! Whether you’re in the Tulsa or Oklahoma City area, the Oklahoma Department of Travel and Tourism has a great list of Oklahoma casinos.
- Irish Pub Crawl – Slainte! If it’s a bit of the blarney your birthday boy is seeking, why not celebrate with an Irish Pub Crawl. Enjoy the authentic Irish cuisine of Kilkennys on Cherry Street, make a stop for a pint at Arnie’s Bar and finish out your night with a rousing round of happy birthday, complete with Irish lilt, with the guests at McNellie’s. The Oklahoma City area offers Sean Cummings’ Irish Pub and McNellie’s Public House. Although American breweries, TapWerks Ale House and the Bricktown Brewery carry an Irish pub feel and should not be overlooked. Deck out the limo with some fun irish hats and decorations from your local party supply store.
- Spa Day – If your birthday girl enjoys a little pampering, why not plan lunch at a Cherry Street Café or Bricktown restaurant, and then stop for a pedicure and a massage. Extend the day by attending a sporting event or a concert at a local bar or casino before taking the party guests home.
- Oklahoma Wineries – With a soil similar to Napa Valley, Oklahoma wineries have taken root all around the state. Gather your birthday guests and take a limo tour of the wineries near you. Check out TravelOK.com’s list of Oklahoma wineries.
Children’s Birthday Limo Themed Parties
Struggling to create a fun and unique birthday party for a child is every parent’s biggest dilemma. A limousine offers a safe form of transportation for just a few kids or for a big party and keeps the party outside of your home. Decorate the inside of the limo for a special touch and pick the party guests up. The limo ride is bound to be one of the main highlights, so make sure there is plenty of travel time for the kids’ enjoyment.
- Zoo, Aquarium or Museum – Book a birthday party with the Oklahoma Aquarium, Tulsa Zoo and Living Museum, Oklahoma City Zoo or the Sam Noble Museum for children. Most of these organizations offer complete party packages but you can add to the fun by putting together an animal or dinosaur bingo sheet or animal trivia card and hold a contest for the child with the most correct answers.
- Paintball Adventures – Perfect for those more aggressive tweens and teens. There are several paintball companies to select from, many of which include safety gear, paintballs and paint guns in the price of the party. Invite guests to come dressed with their camo ready to roll.
- Progressive Dinner – organize a progressive dinner either at friends’ houses or a few local restaurants.
- Movie theme – Is the latest blockbuster getting ready to premier? We’ve helped parents celebrate children’s birthday parties with a Twilight, Harry Potter and Transformers theme. Include some fun decorations in the limo to coordinate with your movie. Invite guests to come dressed as their favorite character and award a small prize for the most creative costume.
Milestone Birthday Themes for Any Age
VIP Limo has helped Oklahoma families celebrate the special occasions and milestone birthdays for nearly three decades. A few themes that we’ve had previous clients use to celebrate that could be tailored for any age group include:
- Scavenger Hunt – Great for kids or adults. Divide your guests into teams and use a combination of both photos to be taken as well as items to collect. Or do a strictly photo based scavenger hunt using the Spirit of the Buffalo project in Oklahoma City or the Penguin project in Tulsa. Which team can gather the most photos of team members with different Buffalos or Penguins? Before the party, setup a private facebook group and invite the members of the party. Then during your scavenger hunt they can use their cell phones to post photos for only the party guests to enjoy. Or define a hashtag for party goers to use when posting their pictures to instagram. Include a few decorations to distinguish the teams such as party hats, boas, and colored beads. Be creative! Stop by your local party supply store and see what looks fun!
- Concerts – What better way to celebrate a milestone birthday than to have a limo take you and your friends to the concert that is the hot ticket in town! Checkout the upcoming shows at the BOK Center, Chesapaeake Energy Arena, Hard Rock’s The Joint or the Winstar.
At VIP Limousine we always offer complimentary bottled water and soda. Other items that you might consider to complete your birthday celebration are:
- Customers over 21 are welcome to bring alcoholic beverages to enjoy in the limo throughout their evening.
- Include a Table Topics in the limo to spark fun conversation between stops. There’s an edition for Teens, Couples and even a Girl Night Out edition.
- Include decorations inside the limo. Stop by your local party store and pickup some boas for the girls, fun party beads, or milestone birthday decorations. Small details can make an average party the one that everyone remembers!
Add some glamour to your next milestone birthday! Call VIP Limo at (918) 492-5984 in Tulsa, (405) 752-5466 in OKC to reserve your limo today.